Another year for the books with my Love ..

 Mike and I  Celebrated our 6th anniversary last year. 
I Cant believe this boy has been in my life for about a decade now and we've been married for 6 (almost 7 now) years! I feel like we have had our fair share of struggles and trials and up hill climbs throughout our marriage- it has truly only brought us closer and taught us a little bit more about what it means to really love someone! I feel like I'm still learning :) If we thought we were there already with it all figured out  I think we would be in trouble. Im lucky to call him my best friend and even more lucky to have him as my husband and partner for life! 
On our anniversary we celebrated Keaton turning 2- after the party we sent the kiddos packing for a sleepover with grandpa and grandma walker and headed out to celebrate. As we were in the car debating on what restaurant to go eat at or if we should take advantage and go see a movie we both kind of realized how exhausted we were and lamely decided to grab fast food, some cocoa bean hot chocolate and cupcakes and go home to rent a movie and just enjoy each others company. Totally worked for me and was nice to just spend some time together eating unhealthy food and snuggling while we watched a movie :)
As far as gifts go Mike and I are really bad at buying each other stuff on actual holidays or anniversaries- we try and we've gotten better - but we are better at just buying each other things at odd times here or there when we see something we know the other would like and so on. But this year I really wanted to get mike something I knew he would love and surprise him for once- ( Side note Mike is also hard to shop for because everything he ever really cares to spend money on or get is usually a "big" toy  or expensive so its hard for me to drop the money on it without him really knowing) So Mike had been showing me these AR guns for about a month now and going on and on about how he wanted one. Well he stopped in at a store in Idaho Falls to look at one- he expressed to me how much he wanted it- (Even though I probably thought it was just as cool as he did) I pretended to be Sort of frustrated and told him no I didn't think it was a good idea right now. So we left. Ill leave some details of the story out but basically I snuck back into in the the gun store and paid for the gun bought some ammo and arranged to hide it at my brother mikes house - told the people that worked there to tell Mike he couldn't put one on hold (like I knew he would try and do while he schmoozed me over for it) and to try and come up with some story of one not being available at the moment. Well I got home and the gun place was already calling me alerting me that mike in the store trying to put some money down on one and have them hold it  ( really mikey?) the guy tried to tell Mike it wasn't available someone else had already put money on it but Mike talked to another person who wasn't let in on our scheme and asked him about the other 3 hanging on the wall  so anyways watching this go down my guy on the inside informed me mike was putting one on hold I told them to roll with it -- fast forward through Mike getting frustrated with me finding out he had put money down on it and the whole thing beginning to blow up- I decided I probably shouldn't wait until our actual anniversary to surprise him so I had my brother mike bring the AR over to our house later that night to give to mike-- well he WAS surprised and felt a bit like a butt :) He was SO excited and its been so
much fun! We must have thought alike that year because Mike bought me a handgun as my gift! Love you babe and cheers to another year!



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top