BAHAMAS

      Mike and I got the opportunity to go on a quick 3 day cruise to Nassau Bahamas with a group of people that he works with! We had SOOOOOO much fun even though the weather was terrible about 90% of the time! 
Most expensive monster ever!! Over $5! This is us on our way to the catamaran to go snorkling.

Boat Harbor

Oprah Winfrey's house and yacht!!

So I mentioned weather was bad. We took a boat out to a reef in the middle of the ocean finally get all our gear on and jump out into the water.... It starts down pouring and the water starts getting rough... well Ive just got my head down enjoying the fish and when I poked my head up everyone is swimming back to the boat and the guy is yelling to get back on! After getting back on we waited for the storm to pass and the got to go out again for an hour or so. We even got to feed rice and chicken bones to the fish! 

Me and My good friend amanda Snorkeling! 

Once I got the "Breathing" part of snorkeling down It was an amazing/serene experience! 



So many great people! 

Love these girls! 


After snorkeling we were taken to a private beach-- not great but at least it wasn't crowded! 


When we got back to "Town" we headed out to explore the island and hit up the straw market to barter for some souvenirs! 



At the back of the straw market they had a bunch of people selling gorgeous hand carved wood items. Mike REALLY wanted a Horse or eagle. They were all trying to sell them for $130 or more Mike being the sales person he is (and talking to several of the guys) got a huge wooden stallion and a carved train for kaleb for $40! And when kaleb blows into the end of the train it make a train whistle sound! Pretty cool! 

Miami FL 

On the cruise Mike and I hit up almost every comedy sow! Laughed so hard my stomach and cheeks hurt! So fun! 

This is a TERRIBLE picture and super blurry because its from a cell phone I will be getting a better one soon but this is the group on people we were with! All GREAT people what a blessing! 
On our night in Nassau after hitting up the straw market and exploring the island we asked around where we could get some authentic bohemian food. I cant remember what the restaurant was called but we had Conch fritters, fried conch and something called grouper. The Fried Conch was a lot like fried calamari but A LOT harder to chew! 
This was SOOOOO yummy! 

The boys wearing the T-shirts we got them! 



This was Near Miami at the Fort. Lauderdale beach before we flew out to come home. These are fished made from empty water bottles! Crazy cool! 

When I think back at the cruise I just remember laughing and laughing and laughing! It was great! There was a lot of eating, karaoke, dancing, maybe some gambling, and just hanging out with friends! It was so windy and cold on the ship while at sea I didn't swim or sunbathe once! This was mike and I's first cruise and we loved it we will definitely be doing another but next time it will be longer with multiple destinations!


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. We are so jealous but I'm glad you guys had fun! You look great.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top