Christmas time 2012

Merry Christmas 2012! We spent our time leading up to christmas Playing games, watching christmas movies while snuggled warm in blankets, im a blanket whore Im a BIG blanket person! Baking goodies to be delivered to our loved ones, hunting down the perfect christmas tree (thats a funny story), fighting sickness and kaleb was in his first ever School Christmas Program! Children growing up really is bittersweet! On one hang its exciting and refreshing and amazing to see them growing into this little person and doing new things, succeeding, and becoming more independent but on another hand its like NOOOOOOOOO stay little forever please!?


Game night with hot chocolate and ice cream marshmallows!
     So I absolutely LOVE baking and cooking. Im always trying new recipes and If I ever hear of meals with ingredients Im not familiar with its all the more tempting to track down the ingredients and make it! I think owning a bakery would be SO much fun! Lots of work and I would probably weigh 500 pounds but still fun! 
Peppermint Macaroons with a white-chocolate cream filling.

Vanilla Macaroons with eggnog fluff cream filling
Packaged ready to be taken to Family and Friends
Hunting down our christmas tree. Drove around for quite awhile looking for a perfect one and the realized we forgot an axe........... yup! 



We were sick off and on for the first couple of weeks of December. Luckily Mike and I never were throwing up like the boys! 
At Kalebs Preschool Christmas program! 
My Brother Michael unfortunately was deployed to Afghanistan for his 5th tour (I think) a little before thanksgiving.
Im really close to him and his family so it was really sad to not have him here for christmas. We all wrote letters and sent gifts. When I asked Kaleb what he wanted to send Uncle Mike for christmas he said "A Hug, I wish I could Hug Uncle Mike" At first I had No clue how to make that happen and I remembered this idea so kaleb laid on his back and we traces his arms and head, cut it out and sent Uncle Mike hugs from us! 

Making ornaments
Driving around to see christmas lights
    I made Mike and I new stockings this year. 

Christmas EVE Morning I made Peppermint pancakes :)


The sunday for Christmas (Christmas eve's eve) We
had a movie night. We popped popcorn made hot chocolate
and watched Polar Express.


Christmas eve the boys got Christmas "Grinch who stole christmas" Pillow
cases made by me and new P.J's and slippers. 

My gift from Mike :)
   Kaleb helped me make some M&M cookies on christmas eve. He is such a good helper in the kitchen. After the boys went to bed "Santa" wrote his yearly christmas letter to the boys on "North Pole" stationary. When I was growing up I always looked for to santa's letter that he left by the cookie plate. So we have been doing this the past two years. 


I may or may not be slightly obsessed with tea.... but anyways this was my tea fortune on Christmas Eve I thought it was very fitting to the holiday season. 

After santa made his visit.

Boys Stockings


Christmas Morning, Mike and I keep Christmas simple with each other this year I got him a hunting bow with a case and 5 bows. He is pretty excited to test it out. Mike got me an external speed light flash for my DSLR, love it!!!! /span>


Love me my blankets
   On Christmas morning we opened presents and did stockings at our house and then headed to Mikes dads house to have breakfast with them and hang out for a bit. It was kind of a crazy morning out of all the mornings our children are up at 7 they decide to sleep in on Christmas morning and we end up having to wake THEM up! Mike likes to describe our morning as speed dating but with present opening. We had to rush the kids a little at opening things and then rush to mikes dad cram in the fun and then rush to my parents house. I think we are starting to lean to the idea of staying home on Christmas..... At Grandpa and Grandma Walkers (Glenn & Jody)  we had a VERY yummy breakfast and played just dance 4 and YES mike played too I have videos, it was great fun!  









Playing with some of the toys he got! You can build lots of different forts (igloos, rocket ships and so on) and drape blankets over it.  
This was the boys BIG christmas gift this year. Giant waffle blocks = hours and hours of fun! 





















CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top