Prego




I probably wont publicly post this for a while yet to come but I still wanted to write it all down and document it. So when Mike and I first got over to Pittsburgh in April we found out we were expecting again. This will be my 4th pregnancy. I have had 2 miscarriages in between Kaleb and this pregnancy so that is a big part of the reason I decided to try and keep this quiet for awhile. I am only on my 10th week as of yesterday. With my last miscarriage I was 15 1/2 weeks almost 16 weeks when we lost the baby so I am still SO stressed out and worried. It was such a painful experience to have to go through losing that last baby, having already seen ultrasounds and heard the heartbeat. I don't think I will feel at ease until I am in the Hospital holding our healthy baby and counting ten fingers and ten toes! After my miscarriage my doctor tested me for just about everything trying to figure out what went wrong because none of us understood. She discovered I had whats called MTHFR which is a mutation in a chromosome. It is genetic and you can either get it from one carrier or two (one parent or both). Luckily I only had type one from one carrier so It wasn't as bad as it could have been. All that MTHFR really means is that your body doesn't metabolise folic acid correctly which is vital to having a healthy pregnancy and also you get blood clots. I now have to take a blood thinner and 4mg of folic acid a day in addition to my prenatal. All I can do at this point is hope and pray. I look at Kaleb constantly and realize how much of a blessing it truly is to be able to be a mother and to have a healthy baby. I love my family so much and I feel very blessed and fortunate to have the amazing husband I do and for our crazy adorable Kaleb.


The picture above is of the baby at about 7 ish weeks when I had my first doctors appointment. Everything looked really good and the heartbeat was really strong. After my doctors appointment I sent this same picture to Mike in a text message and he replied "It looks just like you honey! ;)" what a stink ha!


So my pregnancy so far has been good I have only been sick once. I have been extremely nauseous though and I have kind of had a craving for coconut or foods with coconut flavoring..... weird I know! I have also sorta had an aversion to tomato based foods.... that's all for now I hope everything continues to go good and I can be sharing the good news in a couple of weeks! Oh ya and my due date is the beginning of december!










CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I hope everything continues to go good;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had so many problems in the past. I hope this pregnancy is easy and goes full term with a very healthy baby! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top