Home sweet home....


Keatons "crazy" excited smile
This Pic melts my heart. Keaton and Grandpa up at the Cabin
Uncle Jon and his son Patrick


     Finally home after 6 long months of being away. This is by far the longest we have been away from home for a summer but such a fun summer it was! I was so nervous going into it and starting with a new company and new people but they ended  up being the best group of wives I could have asked for! I think this summer flew faster than any other! Flying home with two kiddos and just me was interesting to say the least. We actually spent more time in the back socializing with the flight attendants then being in our seats . Kaleb was being a little flirt and me.... well I might have been seeking refuge just a little bit from a a creepy couple on the plane ... Im not going to say what ethnicity they were because it doesn't matter other then some things that they might feel are "appropriate" in their culture are NOT in mine!! That being said this is the story..... tell me how you would react if you had a woman keep stealing a seat close to you every time someone near you got up to go to the bathroom and then not only oooooing and ahhhing over your baby but physically taking your 9 month out of your arms against your protests and having her husband snap pictures of her holding YOUR baby  while you are grabbing your baby back!! Yes this happened to me. This really nice man started urging this lady to back off because she just wouldn't stop. She didn't speak english but my body language was pretty clear! Anyways I made friends with the flight attendants and it made time go fast to not be stuck in our seats the entire time.  The day after I flew into SLC I participated in the Park City Dirty Dash 10K- Oh my goodness this was SO much fun I was so happy my siblings were willing and excited about doing it with me! Then I made the 4 hour trek home and Mike came home a week or so later pulling our car and stuff with him! And we've been going crazy ever since getting things settled back in. Kaleb has also started preschool and we got to spend some time at the Walker cabin on Henrys lake before winterizing it. I feel so extremely blessed to go up to that cabin every year I love it and the Kids love it! 
Naomi and Amanda-- These girls are AMAZING! I absolutely love them! So glad I met them! This was our Good Bye Dinner at Cheesecake Factory.
Getting checked in at the airport





Packing the luggage was probably the hardest part!
Going to the park with "Dama"
Morning of my 10K.......... My lovely sister signed us up for the earliest time..... This was me at 5:30 a.m. waiting to head to Park city...... it was a VERY cold but fun morning! (I think keat is trying to copy my duck face ;) )
Headed back to the Hotel after the run and our hott showers.
 My sister and I planned kind of an impromptu family reunion this year. Our whole family wasn't there but we still wanted to get together and do something fun. Our "Theme" was halloween and Minuet to Win it. 
Mikes family has the only cabin on the south side of Henrys Lake and it is RIGHT on the lake. Words cannot even describe the beauty!


Baked some goodies to bring!


Sunrise on Henrys Lake

We planned some fun activities for the kiddos. This was a Cupcake/Cake walk that we  did with them. 

Frankenstein Noise makers....... ALLLLL the kids loved these the babies kept trying to steal the big kids!

Mike won the Most awesome Dad/Uncle award. He spent a couple hours playing all the old school trampoline games with the kiddos. I joined it too-- It was a lot of fun! 

Late night S'mores and glow in dark lanterns with the kids.

LOTS of this! :) 
Playing on the tramp


Mike steam-rolling me
Grandpa and some of his grandkids. I don't Really "look-up-to" or genuinely admire very many people in this world but this man is DEFINITELY someone that I wholeheartedly admire and look up to. He is amazing.

Tid Bits of our time up at the cabin.....

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top