A little summer catch up.....

So I never really updated our Blog this last summer! Where has the time gone!? It goes too fast. Im averaging one blog post a year hopefully I can be better!  This past year we switched companies.  We switched from vivint to Pinnacle. For those of you that don't know they are both alarm companies. I remember 4 or so years ago when we first got approached I was so nervous at the thought of moving clear across the United States to Washington DC. I was only 18 And Mike was only 20 we had Kaleb and had just purchased our first home 6 months prior so the thought of the "unknown" was terrifying! We were currently enrolled in ISU so we decided we would just try it out after we finished our second semester. Vivint was willing to work with us and let us wait until our courses ended in May to fly out. Well 4 summers later here we are ha ha! It seems every year we go out a little earlier.... stay a little later. I have such mixed feeling with this job industry! We LOVE to travel and we love the freedom the money gives us. We were blessed to be able to pay for 2 years of school without loans and received so many other blessings from this job including life long friendships we've built with people. We have lived in Washington DC/Rockville MD, Pittsburg PA/Wilmington VA and then last but not least Washington DC and Richmond VA. Aside from living in those places we have also traveled all the way down through AZ and NM close to the mexican boarder for 6 weeks.  I have also had the opportunity to travel all over West virginia, Philadelphia PA, Hershey PA,  New Jersey, Buffalo NY and NYC, Niagara Falls NY, Delaware, Maryland, North carolina and South Carolina and last but not least Ohio. Driving across the country every year also has its perks. My MOST favorite thing about traveling is Mike and I talk and talk and talk about EVERYTHING! Over the course of Mike and I's cross country travels we have seen Mount Rushmore, Chicago IL, Kansas City, St. Louis,  Kentucky-- those are my most memorable... I don't have much to say about all the other states we went through ;)
        The funny thing with this job is I start feeling like our life is too crazy and then we get home and after being home for a few months we start feeling restless to go somewhere or do something! The cons are we really do put soooooo much on hold to leave for the summer, we pay double living expenses and as we have more children and they get older is wears on them more and more.


      Here is a random little video with clips from the summer of nothing in-particular....... After playing with IMovie my mind is spinning about what videos I should be getting of the fam.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top