Back home in JULY

When I flew home on the 5th of July I was originally only planning on flying back to see my nephew be born and have my 18/20 week ultrasound appt but ended up not being able to fly back to VA. I tried to stay super busy when I got home I had big plans to go to bear lake and go boating and rent jet skis and go hiking and floating the river and on and on.... well i only got to do a small handful of what I had in mind. When I went into my 18/20 week appt they discovered my cervix had begun to thin. Usually at that point in pregnancy the like it to be at least a 4 or a 5. Well mine was a 2.5 which meant I just became a high risk pregnancy (as if i wasn't before) and am at a huge risk for pre-term labor. They put me on strict bed rest and asked if I would come back in a week. I honestly broke down a little when I heard this news because I just felt like man if its not one thing its got to be another I so badly want to give kaleb a sibling and add another little member to our family does it really have to be so hard!? Kaleb came so unexpectedly and easily with absolutely NO complications ,even labor was awesome, so I just didn't get it!



After going to my moms and taking up a permanent residence on her couch for the next week I went back into the doc and my cervix had thickened back up to a 3 YAY! So they said I wasn't out of the woods but I could have a little less restricted bed rest and to come back in 2 weeks! So I went back in and it was went right back down to a 2.5 blah! So they decided to start giving me progesterone shots and keep me on moderate bed rest. well its been a few weeks since then and the shots seem to be keeping my cervix stable so that's good! We will see how it does now that the baby will be gaining weight the doctors said they are hoping to get me to 35/36 weeks! Here's some highlights of my time back in Idaho until now! I know these posts might be boring to some haha but I have family that reads them and i also do this as a way of keeping a journal of my family for myself!


Kaleb and Brennan sleeping on the plane and me being super happy that kaleb slept 1 out of the 5 hours we were on that dang plane!


My Baby at 18 weeks and my newest nephew Jon Patrick



































CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Cute blog Aubree!! I'm sorry this second pregnancy has been so hard, I your doing better and all is well :)

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top